Saturday, June 18, 2011

Donation Quilts

I recently donated a quilt to a woman with a terminal illness who was a patient at Mass General. I didn't realize the impact it would have, and how meaningful it would be to her and her husband. I made a little label for it, wishing her comfort, and sent it along with my aunt, who's a long-term volunteer at the hospital.

So, my goal is to donate another quilt around the holidays, and I wondered if other members would be interested in donating a quilt this year. There are no specific parameters or guidelines; you can do whatever you want, in any material, any size. It could be made by a single person or as a collaborative effort.

I'm hoping that we could donate a quilt a season as a guild (so, four by next summer). I can send them along through my aunt, who will find the people who need them most. If you want to, you can hand-deliver it to the patient, too.

What do you all think?? Any suggestions or other ideas are more than welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. Perhaps we could gather some fabric from members that they are willing to donate. I know I don't even have much time to sew for myself right now, so I don't know if I could commit to sewing anything for this (I'd feel so guilty if I committed and didn't follow through) but would be happy to donate some fabric that I've been thinking of getting rid of.

    ReplyDelete